Print Shortlink

How Do I Obtain a Refund of a U.S. Immigration Bond?

When an immigration bond is cancelled, the Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Office of Enforcement and Removal Operations, notifies the Debt Management Center and the obligor of the bond cancellation via a Notice – Immigration Bond Cancelled Form (I-391).

Upon receipt of Form I-391, the obligor must submit the form and the original – Receipt of DHS Official – US Cash Accepted as Security (Form I-305), to the following address:

Debt Management Center
Attention: Bond Unit
P.O. Box 5000
Williston, VT 05495-5000

If the obligor does not have the original Form I-305, a completed and notarized Affidavit in Lieu of Lost Receipt of United States ICE for Collateral Accepted as Security Form (I-395) has to be submitted to the above address. This form is located via the internet at

Once the appropriate forms have been received and processed by the Debt Management Center, the obligor will receive a refund of the principal bond amount and any interest accrued during the life of the bond.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.